Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

VAIO Updater for VGN-TX51B/B 2008/10/6 11:09
My girlfriend is from Japan and her computer got a virus, so we reinstalled with XP. But now all her drivers and espeially the "My VAIO" Auto updater. I need this software so i can install the updates for it. I can't use any of the english websites as the TX51B/B is only a Japanese or Asian model and since I only know some japanese, it is hard to find. And my girlfriend isnt available for now.

She needs her computer to be functioning before she starts her assignments for her studies, so i have about a week.

any help would be awesome.

preferably links.
by Scott Owen  

... 2008/10/6 11:32
Its unclear from your post but did you reinstall xp using the recovery discs from sony or with a regular version of xp. If you didn't use the sony discs then the majority of the laptop specific functions will cease to work. Your best bet is getting in contact with Sony Japan for the recovery discs if you don't have them already (which will probably require your gf's help). Otherwise, the best you can hope for is a partially functional laptop.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

VAIO 2008/10/6 11:34
Her disks are at home - In japan and her parents dont know what CDs are lol
by Scott Owen rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/6 12:17
I think I may have found what you're looking for here:

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/support/info/2008/044.html

Here is the support page for the laptop:

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/support/note/vgn-tx51bb.html

I would still try to get ahold of the recovery discs if you can to restore full functionality of your computer. There may be a link on that page where you can find out how to order new recovery discs.

fixed it 2008/10/6 12:21
after reading that installing an english version of XP actually screws the computer, i rang sony in australia hoping they would help even tho i did what they said i shouldnt and it was simple as pressing F10 when it was loading. I am in the recovery process at the moment, many thanks anyways :)
by Scott Owen rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/6 15:06
sounds good. I had a similar experience in the past with a Fujitsu laptop that was too old to even order the recovery cd's. Although it is usable, English xp bricked a lot of the functions.

I'm glad that you'll be able to get your gf's back up and running in full.

reply to this thread