Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ishigaki or Iriomote? 2008/10/6 11:39
I don't have much time in Okinawa, and I'm looking for opinions on where to stay if you had the choice. Both seem amazing, and I have no idea what to decide.

Should I stay on Ishigaki or Iriomote?
by banmanb2  

both are nice 2008/10/6 23:25
they are only a 40 minute boat ride apart. iriomote is jungle-y. it's nice. you can go canoeing, hiking, river cruise etc. you can see waterfalls and mangroves. you should rent a car for the day - not expensive. not many people live on the island.

ishigaki jima is the main island with normal hotels and bars and cafes. you can still find nice nature and beaches.

taketomi is another island which is only a 10 minute boat ride and you can see old style houses with stone fences and oxen and nice beaches.

get up early and do them all!
by pete rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/10/10 16:24
Thanks Pete, so if I were to stay on Iriomote....do you have a recommendation for a good place?
by banmanb2 rate this post as useful

good place to stay 2008/10/10 18:56
Hi,

I stayed at Pinekan (http://www.pinekan.com/) It was quite cheap, large bedrooms, good food. They were very friendly and could arrange nice canoe trips. The location is pretty far from the ferry pier but the staff is always happy to take you where you need to go.
This part of Okinawa is just amazing. I loved it so much I wish I could go back there.

Have a nice trip.
by Marie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread