Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

accommodation at JR Osaka 2008/10/10 13:18
1) I will be flying to Osaka from Sapporo on 6 March 2009. Does all flights from Sapporo arrive into Itami Airport instead of Kansai?

2) As I will be arriving from airport into Osaka and taking the Shinkasen out of OSaka to Takayama (also lugging heavy bags), what is the most convenient and yet budget accommodation which I should choose?
by Thammy  

me too 2008/10/10 23:11
I'd like to know a budget place to stay in Osaka too...
by sergio m rate this post as useful

Shinkansen station 2008/10/11 00:12
2) As I will be arriving from airport into Osaka and taking the Shinkasen out of OSaka to Takayama (also lugging heavy bags), what is the most convenient and yet budget accommodation which I should choose?

A "business hotel" near JR Shinosaka or JR Kyoto Shinkansen station will suit your needs.
http://www.okkbus.co.jp/timetable/unchin.cgi?rosen=sos_itm&m...
by V rate this post as useful

hotels 2008/10/11 02:53
check www.japanhotel.net for hotels and Ryokans in Osaka, Kyoto etc. you can also look at http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/ but the yare so popular they get booked quickly
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

hotel kinki 2008/10/13 19:59
the amusingly named hotel kinki is about 5-10mins walk from Osaka/Umeda station. Google it, it's very basic but it served my needs as a solo traveller.
by R. rate this post as useful

what's in a name? 2008/10/14 04:19
Kinki is just the name of an area that includes the Kansai and outlaying area. It has nothing to do whatsoever with kinky. In the same vein the name of the French town called Condom comes from the name of the Celtic tribe living in the area well over 2000 years ago.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Why shinkansen 2008/10/14 08:36
If you are actually starting from Osaka you would be best off keeping right away from shinkansen as it will involve two changes of train. From Osaka take a wide view Shinano to Gifu and change to a wide view Hida there. Might take you 30' more but will be much easier if you are lugging a load.
by RodW rate this post as useful

shinkansen to takamaya 2008/10/14 10:20
RodW, when you mentioned thatwe should keep away from shinkansen as it will involve two changes of train to Takayama. But what you suggested From Osaka take a wide view Shinano to Gifu and change to a wide view Hida also involve 2 change of train. Can you please further explain as i might miss out something. Thanks
by Thammy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread