Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary 2008/10/11 12:29
Hey all,

I plan to travel to Kamikochi/Matsumoto on Oct18/19/20. This is the rough plan I have:
Day 1
AM: Reach Kamikochi by 11:00 AM from Tokyo
PM: Sightseeing in Kamikochi. I have no plans for long/advanved hikes around the place.
Day 2
AM: Kamikochi
PM: Travel to Matsumoto. Stay in Matsumoto
Day 3
AM: Travel around Matsumoto.
PM: Return to Tokyo (Start from Matsumoto by 6:00PM)

I feel 3 days is not sufficient to enjoy the Japan Alps area.

Please suggest what are must see places in Kamikochi and some easy hikes arnd the area.
As for Matsumoto, I can find Matsumoto castle as a good place. Do we have any side-trips which can be covered in say 4-5 hrs?

What if I want to cover the Alpine route? Is that recommended as a side trip or will it make the schedule very tight?

Also, any recommendations on reasonable accomodations in Kamikochi area. I can't find any acco less than ~12,000 yen/person.

Anticipatory thanks to all!
-rik
by RS  

... 2008/10/11 19:02
Do we have any side-trips which can be covered in say 4-5 hrs?

What kind of attractions are you interested in? Here are some other sights in Nagano Prefecture;
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1216.html

What if I want to cover the Alpine route? Is that recommended as a side trip or will it make the schedule very tight?

You could pack it into day 3.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread