Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Alpine Route & Kurobe Gorge 2008/10/11 19:06
Hi!
What's the best route to take if i want to combine a trip to the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route with a ride on the Kurobe Gorge Railway, without overlapping any route? Is it possible for the whole trip to be covered by the JR Pass? Any recommendations for accommodation there? For your info, i'll be flying into and leaving Japan from Tokyo.

Also, if taking the Narita Express, do i need to pay any extra fees if i already have the JR Pass?

Thanks, lots!
by mas  

... 2008/10/11 19:17
What's the best route to take if i want to combine a trip to the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route with a ride on the Kurobe Gorge Railway, without overlapping any route?

Tokyo - Matsumoto - Shinano-Omachi - Tateyama-Kurobe Alpen Route - Toyama - Kurobe Gorge - Tokyo

You would need at least two days.

Is it possible for the whole trip to be covered by the JR Pass?

No, neither the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpen Route nor the Kurobe Railway is covered by the Japan Rail Pass. Furthermore, the fastest trains between Toyama and Tokyo are not fully covered.

Also, if taking the Narita Express, do i need to pay any extra fees if i already have the JR Pass?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/10/11 20:52
Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful advice, Uji!
by mas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread