Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pass 2008/10/13 16:09
Hello, I am going to Japan- osaka in 2 months but I am really confuse as to which pass to purchase. And if my set itinerary is possible. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Im planning on purchasing the Kintetsu Rail Wide, Osaka Unlimited 2 Day Pass & Kyoto 1 day Bus.

Day 1 - Uehommachi Sta to Nara Station (tour Nara for 2 hrs - visit Todaiji Temple & Kasuga Taisha Shrine)
From Nara to Kyoto Sta. (stay at Kyoto)

Day 2 - Kyoto Sta to Kintetsu Namba to Toba Station (visit Mikimoto & Toba aquarium) to Kintetsu Namba (spend the night at Osaka)

Thank you in advance..
by iris  

... 2008/10/14 12:25
Would you mind my asking why you plan to visit Kyoto after Nara, and call at Namba station after departing Kintetsu Kyoto station?

1. You wont be able to see much in Kyoto for just a half day, nor in Nara for just 2 hours. I reccomend you to spend a day and overnight in Nara.

2. At Kintetsu Kyoto station, you can catch LTD Express or Rapid train to Yamato-Yagi station, from there you can catch another LTD Express or Rapid train to Toba. This route takes you much faster than Kyoto-Namba-Toba route.

Kintetsu Rail Map
http://www.kintetsu.jp/english/route/index.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

Trip 2008/10/14 15:22
Why not just stay in Osaka--thus avoiding all this moving from one hotel to another--and go from Osaka to Nara for 1 day on day 1 and to Kyoto on day 2 or vice versa. Or go to Nara for at least 4 hrs the first day then spend the afternoon in Kyoto, going back to Osaka in the evening. I know you can do this as I usually stay in Kobe for 5 to 7 days and go from there all over the Kansai. Instead of limiting yourself to the Kintetsu railway co. buy a Kansai Thru Pass / Surutto Kansai Ticket as you can then use different local railways. Check the section A-Z at the top then click on transportation to check how to go from here to there. Travel by train in Japan isn't that complicated really. Have you travelled by train in Europe by any chance?
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Kintetsu Rail Pass WIDE?? 2008/10/14 20:29
Are you planning to get this pass?

The Limousine bus from Kansai airport to Uehommachi is a separate coupon from the 5-day Ticket for the Kintetsu Railway/Mie Kotsu Bus coupon. Therefore you don't have to rush to Nara and only spend 2 hours there on day 1.

10 discount coupon for sightseeing facilities are included in this pass.

Toba Aquarium is 1600Yen and Mikimoto Pearl Island is 1200Yen.

I used this pass last week:
- day 1: Namba - Nara - Namba
- day 2: Namba - Toba (Ltd Exp)
- day 3: Toba - Nagoya (Ltd Exp)
- day 4: Nagoya - Namba (Ltd Exp)
by Michelle OZ rate this post as useful

pass 2008/10/17 09:57
Hi guys, thank u so much for replying..
yes, im planning to get the Kintetsu wide. However, because im only going to be in japan for almost 4 days. I want to see atleast a little of 4-5 different places.
by iris888 rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/17 20:50
Hi Iris,

Since you are in Japn for 4 days, I am puzzled about why you would want to send 4 hrs return travelling to Toba.

Perhaps you should concentrate on Kyoto and Osaka if you havn't been there before.
by Michelle OZ rate this post as useful

itinerary 2008/10/22 11:45
Hi, How about this itinerary?
nov 30 - arrive at kansai at 7pm. kansai to nara. (i was thinking of doing this to save a little bit of travelling time?)
dec 01 - half day tour in nara then go kyoto and spend the night in kyoto.
dec 02 - 1/2 day kyoto to namba. stay in namba.
dec 03 & 04 - osaka

what is the best pass to buy?
i was thinking of getting the osaka unlimited for 2700 yen
kyoto bus - 500 yen/day or 2day sighseeing for 2000 yen.
nara day pass - 500 yen.

please advise.. thanks

selectable ways to Nara 2008/10/22 12:33
-Airport Bus 1800yen
(Direct, KIX - JR and Kintetsu Nara)

-JR Route 1660yen
(1 transfer, KIX - JR Tennoji - JR Nara)

-Private Railway Route 1430yen
(1 transfer, KIX - Nankai Namba station (walk) Kintetesu Namba station - Kintetsu Nara)
by Naran rate this post as useful

No Pass in Nara 2008/10/22 21:45
Your limited time in Nara wont let you do excursions from central Nara(to Yakushiji or Horyuji), so you wont need public tranportation as most tourists travel on foot there.

If you are tired of walking, the circle bus line is available. costs 180yen for 1 ride.
http://www.narakotsu.co.jp/news/news_0112.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

pass 2008/10/24 08:08
Thank u everyone for the feedback..

Here's my new itinerary.. please let me know if it's ok or not.. Suggestions are always appreciated :)

1. Arrive at Kansai at night. Kansai - Nara (around 1400 yen)
2. Tour Nara for 1/2 day then proceed to Kyoto. (buy the 1 day bus pass for 500 yen) Take Ravi bus 100
3. Tour Kyoto (buy day pass 500 yen) Take Ravi bus 101 and connect to Arashiyama (buy 1 day Arashiyama for 900 yen including 2 entrances for the temple) - spend the night at Namba
4. Tour Namba (buy 1 day Osaka Unlimited pass)
5. Namba - Kansai

Which is better Nara or Himeji?

Is the Universal Studio Japan worth going for?

Please advise thank u :)

here or there 2008/10/24 12:35
You can't compare Nara and Himeji! it is like comparing ice cream and steak or going to the mountain or to the ocean. Nara is temples and more temples, each one with something unique. Himeji is a fortified castle built for war times, the biggest and most beautiful in Japan. Nothing in common. Both must be seen.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread