Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

koyo in last week Oct/1st week Nov 2008/10/14 18:29
Hi ppl, am planning to fly into Tokyo in either last week of Oct or 1st week Nov, and planning to make use of the JR East pass. Was planning on visiting the autumn leave sites in Tohoku (eg Oirase / Tazawako) but from what I've gathered from various websites so far, seems that the season's earlier this year. Would anyone who's familiar with the situation on the ground (ie. in Japan) be able to advise whether these spots are likely to be worth visiting still or should I plan for other locations, and if so, any recommendations? Thanks in advance
by Quan  

... 2008/10/14 22:26
If are flexible, then I would just wait and see, i.e. consult the tourist information and/or this website a couple of weeks later about the current state of autumn colors.

I think autumn colors are not that far off their regular pace this year. So, if you are not flexible, I recommend to make bookings around the average best dates.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread