Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting into Osaka from Kansai 2008/10/16 07:42
Hi all,
I am trying to work out what the best way is to get to downtown Osaka from Kansai Airport, specifically Nagahoribashi subway station.

I have spent hours looking into this, but am still confused.
I know I can catch the JR Kansai Airport line to get to Tennoji station, or the Nankai Airport Line Express to get to Nankai Namba station, but then would it be easy to switch to the subway trains?
For example, I think I can catch the Nankai Airport Line Express (890yen) to Shinimamiya station, then transfer to a subway line (Dobutsuenmae?) to get to Nagahoribashi. But how long is the walk? I can't seem to find this information anywhere, and I don't want to be wandering around with our luggage at 10pm.

Does anyone have any tips as to the best way to get from Kansai Airport into Osaka, transferring onto the Sakai-suji subway line? Any information greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew
by ach  

different plan 2008/10/16 08:19
Andrew the walk is listed as 6'from Shinimamiya to Dobutsuenmae. See
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
But I would suggest you take the airport train through to Nanba and get a cab from there. It is only about 1500 metres from Nanba station to Nagahoribashi. The meter probably won't even tick over and it will only cost you the flagfall. Not worth the aggravation trying to find your way around a strange city at night after you have been flying.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/10/16 11:43
Thanks for the info RodW.

Yeah, I saw that Hyperdia quoted a walk time of 6 mins, but I was hoping to get a more concrete idea.

When you say Namba station, do you mean the Nankai Namba station, or the JR Namba station? As far as I recall, they're totally separate stations.
by ach rate this post as useful

Nankai stations 2008/10/16 12:31
Suppose you are coming from KIX by Nankai Rapid Train.

KIX ---(Nankai Main Line)--- TENGACHAYA ST. - SHINIMAMIYA ST. - NAMBA ST.

a) At TENGACHAYA, you can transfer to Osaka Subway Sakaisuji line. Nankai station is on the ground, subway one is just underground. 4 stops to Nagaboribashi.

b) SHINIMAMIYA ST.
As noted by RodW. It takes 6 minute walk.

c) NAMBA ST
You need to 1 additional transfer from Namba to Nagaboribashi at Shinsaibashi or Nipponbashi Subway station.

Osaka Subway Map
http://www.bento.com/kansai/platform-osaka.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

Nankai 2008/10/16 15:23
Andrew use Nankai to their Nanba. My first ever experience in Tokyo was very similar to the one you are having. We changed to a subway and it was all down hill from there. Would have been much easier to end our journey in a cab. this map shows Nankai Nanba at the lower left...go to the right and follow the first yellow road up to Nagahoribashi
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nanba+ja...
by RodW rate this post as useful

Thanks again 2008/10/16 21:13
Wow, thanks very much for all the information, exactly what I was looking for. It should have occurred to me to look up Google Maps, that was a great idea.

I have a much clearer idea of what my options are now, thanks again for all your posts guys.
by ach rate this post as useful

reply to this thread