Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about discrete tattoos 2008/10/16 13:37
I have two small tattoos of flowers, one on my abdomen and one on my hip above my buttocks.

Will I be able to go to a spa in Japan?

Arrigato gozaimasu!
by Kuroi Neko  

Depends 2008/10/16 15:47
on the place. Most places don't seem to mind or say anything so you should be ok. There are some places though that prohibit tattoos, so it just depends on where you go.
by Smoke rate this post as useful

tattoos 2008/10/16 16:17
I have a small tattoo on my foot, and haven't had any trouble yet. Last year my friend and I went to a hot spring in Nikko. There were few other guests bathing at the time, and the staff didn't see us in the onsen, so the butterfly on her shoulder and my foot tattoo passed unnoticed.

Basically unless someone complains (fairly unlikely), it will probably be overlooked.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/16 17:39
so how would you know if a place your going to prohibits having a tattoo?will there be signs?
by jdmralliart rate this post as useful

tattoos 2008/10/16 17:46
Yes, there will often be small signs near reception, but very often written only in Japanese.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread