Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Safe Shinjuku hotel close to trains 2008/10/17 10:24
Hi Guys,

So originally we booked our 6 nights accomodation at Oakwood Apartments. Due to the Aussie dollar being so low we now need a cheaper alternative.

We would still like to stay in Shinjuku. Please recommened some hotels that are safe and close to transport.

Budget is around $120 double.

Note I do not want to stay in a red light district.
by Pastizzi  

Hotels? 2008/10/17 11:11
Hi
is that OZ $ or US $.
I normally use
JNTO
Asiarooms.com
Japanhotel.net
sites then check hotel sites myeslf and compare prices.
Of course Toyoko inn is popular as well but getting 6 nights? in a row may be hard.
When are you going? may help
as well as if there is public holiday etc then good luck as most places may already be booked. Any reason why Shinjuku?, I stay at New City hotel myself for the park next door in mornings.
Well hope I was some help.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

Aus Dollars 2008/10/17 14:35
In Aus Dollars please.
by Pastizzi rate this post as useful

hotels 2008/10/17 14:56
Shinjuku isn't the be all /do all in Tokyo by far!! Because far too many foreign tourists insist on staying there hotels rooms are harder to find as they get booked months in advance. Have a look on Goggle at the JR Yamanote line. Check the map at the bottom of the site. The Yamanote line link most of the neighbourhoods in Tokyo and others (Roppongi, Asakusa) are a few stop away by subway from a Yamanote stop. This means that hotels anywhere near the Yamanote line AND on non--or less-- touristy areas are still easily accessible from any major neighbourhod and vice versa. Check www.japanhotel.net for a good selection of hotels in various neighbourhoods.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread