Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Green Tea 2008/10/17 21:13
Hiya! I'm goin to Tokyo next month and wondering whether the green tea there are expensive, cause I heard many ppl saying food are ex in japan. I'm thinkin of gettin tealeaves as well as the powdered ones (Matcha)

Where can I get green tea? Can I get them anyway? Or do they hv a place tht specially sells tea? Like some tea-house? Are they the same pricing?

Also, I'm nt a tea expert (I just luv to drink) so will I be cheated? I don't think I can see the differences between Gyokuro, Sencha or Bancha.
by Starzyberry  

It can become 2008/10/17 23:30
It can become as expensive as you want it to be. In other words, you can buy a cheap little package at a local supermarket or you can go to a department store in Ginza and pay outrageous amounts. If you don't understand what good green tea tastes like, I think you're probably better off just going to a local supermarket and buying it there.
by Dan rate this post as useful

ocha 2008/10/18 07:17
Supermarket green tea is cheaper than tea leaves at most specialty tea shops (where the tea is often roasted on the premises, so is fresher.

You won't be cheated, the price will be set and fair whatever you pay for it.
by Sira rate this post as useful

And also 2008/10/18 23:54
Generally speaking, cheaper green tea are from other countries,
mainly from China, and the ones produced in Japan are expensive.
by Aki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread