Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All Nikko Pass and Autumn Leaves 2008/10/19 23:24
Hi all, Planning to take a 1-day side trip to Nikko, and looking for some advise:

1. Does the All Nikko Pass include bus stops to the temples and shrines (e.g. Toshogu Shrine)? I see that it includes bus stops to Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Waterfalls, but cannot be sure for the temples and shrines.

2. Is there a map of the Tobu bus routes? I cannot seem to find this.

3. As I plan to go around November 10-12, would this still be a nice time to see autumn leaves?

Thanks in advance.
by NikkoTourist  

... 2008/10/20 08:27
1. Does the All Nikko Pass include bus stops to the temples and shrines (e.g. Toshogu Shrine)?

Yes, as shown on the simplified map here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_002.html

Is there a map of the Tobu bus routes? I cannot seem to find this.

See above.

As I plan to go around November 10-12, would this still be a nice time to see autumn leaves?

Down in the town center you should be able to catch some last colors (in the average year).
by Uji rate this post as useful

All Nikko Pass and Autumn Leaves 2008/10/20 13:11
Thanks for confirming Uji.

Also, is there a timetable for the buses? I would like to know their timings for each location and how often they ply the routes.

This is because -- correct me if I'm wrong -- pre-booking the All Nikko Pass requires us to specify the exact time that we will be taking the Kinu train. Understand that if we miss it, we are not able to use the ticket any longer.

Lastly, has anyone encountered this before. When booking the SPACIA over the Tobu website, for some reason the 7:30am Asakusa-Tobu Nikko Kegon doesn't seem to be available. The earliest we can book is 8am (KINU 103). Anyone knows why this is so, as the timetable clearly specify an available schedule departing at 7:30am.

Thanks again.
by NikkoTourist rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/20 16:09
In Japanese:
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/area/pdf/2008_nikko_natsu.pdf

Buses between the stations and the shrine operate every 20 minutes or so. Buses to Lake Chuzenji are very frequent, too. But services that go all the way to Yumoto operate only about once or twice per hour.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread