Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip Advise needed. 2008/10/20 02:14
My wife & I will reach Narita airport on morning 5 Nov 2008 and fly back on 15 Nov morning. I plan to travel Tokyo, Nikko, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Disneyland 2 days. I dont know have the time to stop at Hakone. I plan to buy the 7 day pass.
Can you guys kindly advise me on this? I am confused which day to travel to which places: example, heard Mt Fuji transport only on Saturday/Sunday. Is it wise to travel on night train? Or best to travel by bus which is a lot cheaper & save up on hotel.
by benx  

... 2008/10/20 08:47
Due to crowds, I recommend not to visit Disneyland and Nikko on a weekend. As for the buses around Mount Fuji, they operate daily except the bus to the 5th Station.

If you are serious about saving money, I recommend taking the night bus between Tokyo and Kyoto:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Need more advise, thanks. 2008/10/21 01:16
Uji san, Arigato gozaimaz.

I have just checked the bus fares, range up to 6000yens seems are non-comfort type for long trips Tokyo-Kyoto and only 8000yens to 11000 yens are better comfort. Is it worth to buy the 7 day rail pass 28000yen? Because we are travelling Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka-Mt Fuji-Tokyo in 7 days. So if we travel by bus on long trips and trains on short trips, will it be worth? Or it is just a little bit cheaper only?
Please advise, thanks.
by benx rate this post as useful

advice 2008/10/21 03:25
The JR 7 days pass is nearly the same price as a return ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto by Shinkansen Hikari( 3 hrs one way in comfort). Within these 7 days you can use the pass to travel (on JR trains only, obviously) from Kyoto to Osaka (and on the loop line around Osaka)and to Nara,Kobe, Himeji, Arashiyama..and other places, so it can be a good deal. Withing Kyoto itself it is best to use local buses. 500 yen per day for a 1 day pass.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

.... 2008/10/21 05:00
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_9.html

Drop Kamakura, Himeji, Nara and/or Nikko and add Mt Fuji and Tokyo Disney to build ur own itinerary. :)
by Ts rate this post as useful

My 1st plan Itinenary 2008/10/22 06:31
Thanks to monkey, good info on the Kyoto buses. I found a bus thats 4500yen from Tokyo to Kyoto at night as I am under budget.

Thanks to TS, found thes Itinerary are very useful.

Now I planned:

Day 1: to tour around Tokyo Senso-ji, Chokokuji Shrines and Ginza street.

Day 2&3: Kyoto.

Day 4: Himeji.

Day 5: Nara.

Day 6: Osaka Universal Studio.

Day 7: Mt Fuji.

Day 8&9: Disneyland wet and dry.

Day 10: Tokyo.

Is there a bus from Osaka to Mt Fuji nearby?

Is my above Itenerary OK? Please kindly advise, thanks.

Shinjuku - Mt Fuji 2008/10/23 02:29
I have checked the website but there is no information saying after Nov 3 has any bus transport from anyway nearby city. Does this means the only way to get there on nov 5 to Nov10 is train?

... 2008/10/23 05:17
If you come from Osaka, I recommend to take the shinkansen to Mishima and take a bus from there. It is by far the fastest approach.

Alternatively, there is a daily overnight bus from Osaka/Kyoto:
http://www.yamanashibus.com/kousoku_osaka.htm

From Tokyo, there are frequent buses to Kawaguchiko Station around the year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread