Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan 7 Days Trip Itinerary 2008/10/22 13:52
Hi all,

Shall keep this short, I hope.

I will be going to Japan for 7 days in November and will cover following places :

-Tokyo
-Hakone
-Kyoto
-Hiroshima+Miyajima
-Osaka
-Tokyo

By the way, will be using JR Pass 7 Days during this trip.

Day 1 (Tokyo)
-Full Day at Disneyland
-After that, board train from Maihama to Odaiba to view spectacular Rainbow Bridge. Can I use my JR Pass from Maihama to Odaiba? And from Odaiba back to Yamanato Line?
-Take train to round the Yamanato Line before reaching Ueno station.
-Overnight at Ueno

Day 2 (Tokyo-Hakone)
-Go to Tsujiki Market early morning for breakfast.
-Go to Asakusa to visit Sensoji Temple
If i were to take Sumida River cruise to Asakusa, is it recommended? What time starts operation?
-Stroll along Nakamise street. May I know what time shops open for business at Nakamise?
-Check out and take train to Hakone
-Complete the Hakone Freepass trip
-Overnight at Hakone

Day 3 (Kyoto)
-Overnight at Kyoto

Day 4
-Side trip to Nara to visit Todaiji Temple
-Train to Hiroshima
-Visit Peace Park
-Go to Miyajima
-Overnight at Hiroshima

Day 5
-Train to Universal Studio, Osaka
-Go to Dotonburi at night
-Overnight at Osaka

Day 6
-Early train to Tokyo
-Visit Ginza, Shibuya and Shinjuku, Roppongi,Ikekuburo
-Free and easy
-Stay at Ikekuburo

Day 7
-Check out and take train to Narita Airport
Must reach airport by 10:30am. Anything to do before I leave Tokyo? Emm..

I know generally, it is quite rush for some places especially Tokyo and Osaka.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to go!

Please advice. Comments are welcomed too!
by setheo  

... 2008/10/22 14:49
Day 4 is too packed!

Can I use my JR Pass from Maihama to Odaiba?

No. Odaiba has no access by JR. The closest JR stations are Shin-Kiba when approaching Odaiba from the north and Shinbashi Station when approaching Odaiba from the west.

If i were to take Sumida River cruise to Asakusa, is it recommended?

I think it is pleasant, but not a must-see attraction.

What time starts operation?

Here you go:
http://www.suijobus.co.jp/english/index.html

Stroll along Nakamise street. May I know what time shops open for business at Nakamise?

Opening hours depend on the individual shops. Most shops are opened every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/22 18:32
Uji-san,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1) May I know what is the shortest route from Maihama to Odaiba (Rainbow Bridge)? I found out that I can take Maihama to Shinkiba (JR Pass) and then take Rinkai Line and drop off at Tokyo Teleport. Is this the best option? How much it costs from Shinkiba to Tokyo Teleport?

2) If i were to drop Nara side trip, does it seem feasible for Day 4?

Thanks again.
by setheo rate this post as useful

Odaiba and Hiroshima 2008/10/22 20:58
setheo,
From Shinkiba to TokyoTeleport it is Yen 260. But I would recommend: From Maihama to Shimbashi by JR Pass, from Shimbashi by Yurikamome line at Yen 310 ( Yen 620 return ) to Daiba. The Yurikamome goes over the Rainbow Bridge to Odaiba. At station Daiba you have a nice look back to the bridge, Tokyo skyline, Tokyo tower and the Statue of Liberty.
When you take the 08.08 h JR train to Nara you arrive 09.09 h after less than two hours in Nara leave at 10.57 h and arrive 14.30 h at the ferryterminal for Miyajima. ( JR trains via Osaka, ShinOsaka and Hiroshima ) Two hours for the island and 25 minutes back by JR Sanyo line to Yokogawa, then tram Yen 150 to Genbako Dome mae means arrival Peace Park after 17.00 h. Without Nara it is not so rushed.
by Peter rate this post as useful

To start 2008/10/22 21:26
Your plan is FUNDAMENTALLY too packed!
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_5.html

You have 7 days but allocate 2 days in Tokyo Disney and Universal Studio. You should omit more destination, otherwise you would spend most of your time on transportation.
by Ts rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/22 22:27
May I know what is the shortest route from Maihama to Odaiba (Rainbow Bridge)?

Maihama - (JR Keiyo Line) - Shin-Kiba - (Rinkai Line) - Tokyo Teleport

It about takes 20 minutes.

If i were to drop Nara side trip, does it seem feasible for Day 4?

Yes, if you like a fast paced travel style. I hope you do, because also the rest of your itinerary is rather packed.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Japan 7 Days Trip Itinerary 2008/10/23 10:58
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will try to rearrange my itinerary if possible. Will come back here if got any new updates.

Thanks again.
by setheo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread