Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kyoto-osaka-nara 2008/10/22 16:12
Hi, we will be travelling from Hakone to Kyoto on Nov 22 with our 2 children (5&10). We will stay in Kyoto for 5 days and visit Kyoto Osaka Nara.

Day 1 will be spent half day for the journey Hakone-Kyoto, check-in hotel and lunch. I am still confuse what should I go for the rest half day, is it possible if we use it to travel to Himeji or better just use it for sightseeing around Kyoto ?

Day 2 - 3 Kyoto, I am thinking of bringing my kids to Toei Kyoto Studio Park, do we need to spend 1 whole day in here ? the rest of the time is to visit main attraction in Kyoto ... Kinkakuji, Kiyomizu Temple, Gion, Fushimi Inari Shrine ... is it possible to go to Arashimaya also ?

Day 4 Universal Studio Osaka

Day 5 Nara (or change it to Himeji ? if in case it is not possible to visit Himeji on the day 1 ... read in this forum that Himeji is also worth to visit ?)

Tks in advance.
by surya  

Good plan 2008/10/22 23:19
Day1 Travel from Hakone/Kyoto
Day2 Himeji/Kyoto
Day3 Kyoto
Day4 Universal Studio
Day5 Nara/Kyoto from 4pm

then you have
2 2/3 days in Kyoto
2/3 day in Nara
2/3 day in Himeji
1 day at USJ

Looks very good!
by Ts rate this post as useful

? 2008/10/23 01:22
Hi Ts, tks for ur advise. Is Toei movieland worth to visit ? I am thinking of my children but read few reviews it was not worth it ? can you give me ur opinion ?
What tourist attrations we can visit for late afternoon until evening (in Kyoto) ? tks a lot.
by surya rate this post as useful

waste of time and money 2008/10/23 01:35
The studio is a waste of time and money. I would go to Gion in Kyoto and look for Maiko and have dinner for your afternoon. Have you thought about going to Arashiyama?
by Beto rate this post as useful

reply to this thread