Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4n Tokyo then 3 Kyoto & 3 Nara? 2008/10/22 21:18
Hi - first and likely only trip to Japan. We have 10 nights from 7 to 18 Nov. We thought to spend 4 nights in Tokyo and then take the Daytime Highway Bus from Tokyo to Kyoto [much less costly than train and to see the country a bit more ] for 3 nights in each of Kyoto and Nara. Then we would return by daytime city bus on the other expressway route to Tokyo and fly back home the next day.

Appreciate the Info posted about Suica and NEX package - and have found there are daily passes in Kyoto and Nara.

Anything else we should consider? Thanks Paulette
by Paulette Kennedy  

... 2008/10/22 23:05
Do you study historical architecture or archeology?

Though the number of the most Historic Architectures and Archeological Sites in Nara Prefecture are larger than any other place in Japan(inc Kyoto), 3 days in Nara is a bit too long for an average tourist(but surprisingly too short for university students and researchers)

I recommend you to think about excursions to Himeji, Yoshino, or Iga-Ueno(Ninja capital) from Osaka, Kyoto or even Nara.
by Naran rate this post as useful

I agree with Naran 2008/10/23 02:54
Although I had a fantastic time in Nara exactly a year ago I only stayed two days. I would take one day off Nara and spend it either in Kyoto or visit Osaka where I always get horribly lost :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

here and there 2008/10/23 03:21
I agree that 3 days in Nara is overkill,especially considering that Osaka is a vibrant town, with superb stores like Tokyo and lots of stuff to see and do. Then there is Kobe and its mountains, Himeji, Takarazuka, Arashiyama etc. I hope that you will stay in one town only as all the towns mentioned above, including Kyoto and Nara are close to one another by very frequent trains.
by Red frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread