Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for a Japanese interpreter 2008/10/24 23:33
My fiance and I are planning a wedding in Japan. We just started working with an interpreter to help us plan the wedding with the shrine by email and she will also interpret the ceremony on our wedding day.

She is not charging us very much for all her work. She will also be traveling 8 hours round trip to the ceremony and only charging for the train (not for her time) in addition to her interpreting cost.

I really want to give her a gift, since she's doing so much for us. I live in Long Island, NY, so I don't know of anything specific to the area to give. I was thinking of some nice, higher-end bath product gift set (do they have bath and body works in Japan?) along with some sweets.

I prefer not to bring liquids, since they are heavy and hard to transport. Do you think my idea is okay for a Japanese woman in her 30's or so?

Thanks!
by Teresa  

sometimes voluntary interpreter in 40s 2008/10/25 17:28
I think your ideas are great! We do have fancy bath products here in Japan as well, both domestic and imported, but bath products and sweets often come in lovely packaging and scents that it's nice just looking at it in your bathroom. It's also a good idea you're planning to avoid liquids as they are likely to be banned from your flights for security reasons.
by Uco rate this post as useful

sorry 2008/10/25 17:30
Sorry, what I accidentally wrote on the title was something I intended to write beside my name.
by Uco rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/26 12:47
That sounds like a great idea :) The name Body and Bath Works is not that much known in Japan, and there aren't any shops in Japan I believe.
by AK rate this post as useful

Uco, you just reminded me 2008/11/27 07:16
Oh, I almost forgot about not being able to bring the liquids. Unfortunately, most bath product packages do have a lotion or a gel that would be a problem to bring. I can try to package it really well and check the bag.
by Teresa rate this post as useful

Body Shop 2008/11/27 10:29
There is this shop in Tokyo. It is also in the US. It is nice smelling body care gifts. Maybe it would work?
by Umi rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/28 11:32
There is a Bath and Body store in the Shinsaibashi Shotengai in Osaka. There probably are others.
by Beto rate this post as useful

reply to this thread