Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snowfall & Cherry bloosom in April 09? 2008/10/27 18:28
Hi, I am planning to go back Japan for the 3rd time with my husband in early Arpril 09. When is the best period to travel inorder to see and snowfall in Hokkaido with outdoor hotspring and snow falling and cherry bloosom in Nara? Thank you.
by Irene  

... 2008/10/27 20:51
Cherry blossoms are impossible to exactly predict, but are likely to be best in early April in Nara City, but can also be seen later in April in higher elevations of Nara Prefecture, e.g. Yoshinoyama:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4152.html

There is still snow in many places of Hokkaido in April, especially in higher elevations, however, the winter is nearing its end. The snow does not tend to be good quality and very beautiful snow anymore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

cherry blossom 2008/10/27 23:49
We went for the Sakura Festival in Yoshino on April 11 this year and fully enjoyed the cherry blossom view up the mt.

For cherry blossom in Nara, walk the path from Nigatsu-do to Kasuga Taisha. There are rolls of cherry tree on the gentle slope on the left, perfect for photo-taking up close. Another place is Sagi-ike Pond with the lovely Ukimido Hall, a gazebo in the middle of the lake. While we were there, we saw a pair of newly wed with professional photographers, and they were from Taiwan.
by William rate this post as useful

Snow and sakura 2008/10/28 01:23
For sakura, it depends on each year to see it. It is just only one week. If you miss, you're better to go further in the north. If it is the first week of April is pretty close to see in Tokyo.

Also, for Snow, if it is 1st week, in Echigo Yuzawa may be a good choice since it is just 1 hr. from Tokyo. I think the last week of Mar is better for sakura in Tokyo and snow in Echigo Yuzawa.

Cheers,
by tao bkk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread