Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese business book 2008/10/28 05:38
Hey, I was wondering which book would be the best guide for intercultural communication with Japanese business. I looked up some on amazon, but I couldn't find one that was particularly thorough.
I'm hoping to work with Japanese business people someday in the future, so I need to know what to do and how to do it right beyond the "don't put the meishi in your back pocket!" kind of advice.
by UreshiiMiko  

DeMenthe 2008/10/28 11:37
A pretty thorough albeit a little dated book is Japanese Etiquette & Ethics in Business by Boye Lafayette DeMente. It takes a very close look at the cultural factors behind Japanese business practices that seem strange to westerners.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/10/28 11:54
Thanks i'll look it up.

Anymore suggestions are appreciated.
Also, I need a book/article on Edo women aesthetics/ideals. It's for my thesis.. and i can't find a real good one. I guess if you know a book like that in Japanese instead of English that would work since i'm supposed to have Japanese sources.
by UreshiiMiko rate this post as useful

business in japan book 2008/12/14 12:43
Japan Times has been pushing their business guide. they have a free ebook you can download. Actually, it costs $1 but it might be helpful, its at http://www.japanjumpstart.com
by notaguru rate this post as useful

reply to this thread