Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yatai or Ramen Museum in Fukuoka? 2008/11/2 20:06
Hi,

I will be travelling from Aso (Kumamoto) to Osaka via Fukuoka on Dec 8. I only have about 1.5 hours there and would like to have a taste of the ramen in Fukuoka.

Which one should I go to? The Yatai food stalls in Nakasu or the Ramen Museum in Canal City?

By the way as time is very short for me, I would like to know whether the Yatai food stalls can be easily found. Once you exit the station, will you be able to find them easily by the river (Hakata) or outside the station? Or do I still have to walk a distance?
by Christina  

Oops... 2008/11/5 13:44
Uji,

Will you be able to help with my questions?

Thanks!
by Christina rate this post as useful

I have 2008/11/5 17:49
eaten both, but it was a few years ago. I am not sure if you will be there at night or not, but I am not sure if Yatai are open during the day. Yatai are a good experience I think so they might be better. In saying that, as they are much smaller, perhaps a shop makes better ramen. The museum for me was the first time I ate tonkotsu ramen and couldn't believe the putred smell, but now I love it!
by Smoke rate this post as useful

from my memory 2008/11/5 18:33
It is easy to find Yatais. Get off subway at Nakasu-Kawabata station. Walk to the West, you will find big river (not the small river) soon. Turn left. Walk along the river to south, you will find Yatais.
Famous ramen restaurants (No.1, 2, 3 on following map) are about 10 minutes walk.
But mind, if you have not enough time.
I recommend taking a taxi strongly. Nakasu is not far from Hakata station.
The restaurants are so popular and crowded. You may be required to wait.
http://www.walkerplus.com/gourmet/special/yatai/nakasu.html

I had lived in Fukuoka city before, but have not gone there recently. Above are based on the information of web and my memory. Please note.
by former Fukuoka ctizen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread