Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Gotemba from Hakone-machi 2008/11/2 21:21
Hi

I will be putting up at Yuugriso Ryokan @ 138 Hakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun
Kanagawa-ken for 2 nights on 6,7 Dec and would like to know the best way to get to Gotemba?

If I take the lake Ashi cruise to Togendai and then the odakyu highway bus to Gotemba, do I need to make a seating reservation on the highway bus at Togendai?

If I were to take the Hakone Tozan highway bus to Sengoku and then the odakyu highway bus to Gotemba, will the bus journey to Sengoku offer much things to see along the bus journey to Sengoku? Will it be worth while to take this route? Will be travelling with a 4year old kid.

Just to confirm, the Hakone free pass is valid on both buses right?

How frequent are the Tozan and Odakyu buses? Is there any English version of the bus time-table? Dec is winter time, will there be any changes to the bus frequency?

What is the last bus leaving Gotemba to Togendai or Sengoku?

Thanks in advance.
by RK  

... 2008/11/3 19:44
do I need to make a seating reservation on the highway bus at Togendai?

You don't need reservations. When there are vacant seats, you can purchase a ticket inside the bus.

If I were to take the Hakone Tozan highway bus to Sengoku and then the odakyu highway bus to Gotemba, will the bus journey to Sengoku offer much things to see along the bus journey to Sengoku?

The scenery is not bad. There are some minor attractions along the way, such as a botanical garden and some strange museums.

Will it be worth while to take this route?

Both, the Hakone Tozan Bus and the Odakyu Highway Bus travel along the same road between Togendai and Sengoku.

Just to confirm, the Hakone free pass is valid on both buses right?

Yes.

How frequent are the Tozan and Odakyu buses?

The former operate approx. every 15 minutes. The latter approx. every 30 minutes.

Is there any English version of the bus time-table?

No.

Dec is winter time, will there be any changes to the bus frequency?

Minor changes.

What is the last bus leaving Gotemba to Togendai or Sengoku?

At 21:10.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread