Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way to work in Japan? 2008/11/10 11:15
Hello to you all !

First thank you if you ready my message here !
I want to describe my situation first so that you know me a bit more ;):

@me:

i'm 25 years old, worked part time in a sportsclub 4 years and about 3 years in business, also studied 1 year business but i got rid of this as i really didnt feel comfortable in this job mostly....

i am on the way to study a new direction and get my bachelor in about 3 years and after that my master hopefully, which direction?
i'm not 100% sure yet, i think about media+japanese.

ok thats it, i learn japanese at home myselfm it's hard but i always wanted to learn this language as it is the only one which interests me after english. i plan to make a trip to japan next year for about 2-3 weeks depends on money and time i get free.

i also could do a working holiday in japan for 1 year but before that i wanted to have a degree or anything like that in germany to promote myself better in job and also make more japanese contacts + learn japanese better, i dont want to go there and cannot nearly speak or understand anything, i'm not happy with germany, i dont know why, always wanted to go to america or japan first.

well which options are the best perhaps to stay a bit longer in japan, studying is the best as i know, which jobs?
what other opportunities would be available for non students?

i love the culture but cannot tell how i like it in person there because i never was in japan but i dont want to miss the chance on (perhaps!) living&working in a country i would like to.

MANY THANKS !

matane
by Tibor  

Working Holiday Visa 2008/11/11 00:00
You cannot work in Japan as a tourist. I assume you are German nationality? Then Working holidays, what allows you to work. You need EUR 2000 as deposit and returnticket. Studying in Japan is not free. Even with good Japanese language knowledge expect not to get a better job during Working Holiday Visa period.
by Peter rate this post as useful

WH visa 2008/11/11 01:27
only jobs you're gonna get on a working holiday visa are going to SUCK badly, unless you are eligible to convert that visa into a genuine regular working visa. nobody wants to hire someone who's visa is only good 1 year.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread