Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 1/2 day kyoto itinerary 2008/11/10 15:03
Have abt 1 1/2 day in Kyoto and want to see the following:-

Day 1
1. Kinkakuji
2. Ryoanji
3. Nijo Castle
4. Heian Shrine
5. Kiyomizudera Temple

Day 2
1. Toji pagoda
2. Fushimi Inari shrine.

DO you think that is doable?
by Leo  

mmmm 2008/11/10 15:59
maybe, but you will be exhausted, and walk lots, and not see a lot of each thing,: you can walk from Heian Shrine to Kiyomizudera, and see more than just going from one to the other by bus, but with your itinerary you will get a glimpse of what wonderful Kyoto has to offer..day 2 will depend on how much of a half day you have..leave early..Fushimi Inari needs time
by fmj rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/11/10 16:14
yeah am very short of time so hope to get a quick sight of these places. For Fushimi Inari, if i don't take the walk but just the shrine..will that save me some time?
by Leo rate this post as useful

Depends... 2008/11/10 18:38
I would say it's doable, unless you plan to visit on a weekend when fall colors are at their peak - Then the lines are very long, especially around Kyoumizu dera - I hope weekdays are better... I would say that removing Nijo castle can be a good idea, it's very underwhelming. Consider Ginkakuji (the silver temple), as it's brilliant and not too far from Heian Shrine.
by Haim rate this post as useful

REALLY??? 2008/11/10 20:47
I would say that removing Nijo castle can be a good idea, it's very underwhelming.

Haim, I'm really interested in this...?? We haven't been but were planning on it next trip..nightingale floors were the interest..not worth it????
by fmj rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/11/11 11:10
since i only have 1 castle to cover, nijo castle is the choice...and i also want to see/hear the nightingale floors also since i am covering quite a few temples and shrines already. I suppose i won't really get an indepth look at each place but at least just a brief look around.
by Leo rate this post as useful

kyoto 2008/11/11 13:07
The ONLY good reason to go to the Fushimi Inari shrine IS the walk up and down the mountain under 10 000 torii! the shrine buildings are interesting but not unique and it is the walk that make the visit really worth it.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread