Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Crab 2008/11/11 20:01
Hi read alot about Kani in Japan. Is it better to eat themin Tokyo or Osaka, its "birth place"? Cheaper to eat for lunch. Some say the sashimi kani is no good????
by Tasmanian Devil  

Kani 2008/11/25 07:02
We had snow crab and king crab in Osaka in winter and it was great. It was home cooking ("nabe" at my in-laws) so I dont have any restaurant reccomendations.
Also, when in Hokkaido in late April, all the seafood shops had multiple species of crab live in tanks. We did not order or eat crab while there but all the restaurants had it on the menu.
There were also had fresh grilled scallops which were great.
by cf rate this post as useful

kani 2008/11/26 01:29
There's a great kani restaurant in sapporo not far from the main JR station, where you can order a full meal with everything made from kani- sushi, soup etc. I did not enjoy the kani brain though :(
Kani sashimi? OK, but not a big fan.
I loved the kani in ebisu garden place in tokyo, in a restaurant called "hokkaido" too. (but if you're there, you've gotta try lightly frozen salmon sashimi!)
by corre rate this post as useful

reply to this thread