Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weekly Mansion Otemae 2008/11/15 22:54
Hi,

I've booked in to stay at the Weekly Mansion in Otemae in Osaka: http://www.wmt-osaka.com/otemae/accessmap_s.html

I have also bought the JR pass, I am wondering which is the closest JR station to the Weekly Mansion, I am a bit confused with the map on the site. I understand there is a bit of a walk.

Thank you.
by Em  

... 2008/11/16 08:27
It is a 4 minute walk from Tanimachi-4-chome Station in the Chuo Subway Line, which is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass. The closest JR station is Morinomiya Station on the JR Osaka Loop Line, one station by Chuo Subway Line from your apartment. You can walk from Morinomiya Station to your place in about 30 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you. 2008/11/16 10:40
Thank you Uji.
So this would be the most economic way to make use of my JR pass?
by Em rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/16 22:32
So this would be the most economic way to make use of my JR pass?

A Japan Rail Pass makes sense if you make long distance train trips within a short time period. Because I have no idea what your travel plans are, I can't say whether it makes sense for you to use a Japan Rail Pass or not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Take the Subway 2008/11/17 08:56
Hi Em,

I have stayed there before, and am actually about to stay there again in 2 days time. I highly recommend using the subway, even though I know you want to make the most of your JR pass. The subway will only cost you about 200-300 yen and it is extremely close to the apartments. As Uji stated, the closest JR station is quite a distance away. At the very least, use the subway the first time when you check in and have your luggage, as it is a real pain to walk that far pulling a suitcase!

Good luck.
by Razz rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/11/17 10:15
Thanks Razz!
One last questions: sorry I'm a rail noob!
Say I was coming in from JR Namba everynight, how would I go about switching to the subway line?
by Em rate this post as useful

Subway Map 2008/11/17 12:21
See this first, [PDF]
http://www.kotsu.city.osaka.jp/foreign/english/subway/img/ma...

The closest subway station from JR Namba is Y15 on blue line. Please transfer at Y13 to C16, and your station is C18.
by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread