Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to go? 2008/11/16 07:48
Just signed up to the site and it was just what I was looking for, and now have found :)

Anyway, the detail to my posted question is:
I'm looking to move into Japan, something attracts me to the country, something special. Maybe in a former life I was a native, who knows. However, i'm not one for big city nights, I prefer the breeze and the flowers, miles of green grass flowing over the hills. So where would you go if you're looking for this life style? Just me, my martial arts and peace of mind :)
by SV400karateka  

... 2008/11/16 08:43
There are many places like that in Japan. Most of them tend to be rather remote in areas where I feel that it is difficult for a foreigner to find a job (unless you go there on a spouse via).

The first two places that came to my mind when you mention flowers, grass and hills are the Aso/Kuju region of Oita and Kumamoto Prefectures on Kyushu Island and Biei in Hokkaido. But there are many more.
by Uji rate this post as useful

ireland 2008/11/16 11:07
go to ireland.
really, if you're after big wide open spaces and nice warm breezes you are not going to find them in japan; you can have nice warm breezes in okinawa, anywhere on the main islands is going to be super humid; hokkaido is great but it's mostly farmland and in winter it snows quite a bit. ireland has plenty of green rolling hills though :D
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/16 22:35
You are not going to find nice warm breezes in the Irish winter, either!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread