Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Tokyo pass should I get? 2008/11/17 12:16
Hi,

I need to travel from Kokubunji city back and forth to Tokyo for sightseeing for 3 days next month. I understand I need to take the JR Chuo line to reach Kokubunji city from Tokyo station (540 Yen one way). The question is which Tokyo pass I should get? Can I use Tokunai Pass (730 Yen) for round trip travel between Tokyo station and Kokubunji city? Or I better get a Tokyo Free Kippu (1580 Yen) to cover everything?

Thanks!
by xu  

... 2008/11/17 13:54
Kokubunji is not covered by the Tokyo Free Kippu.

A ticket to consider is the "Tokunai Free Kippu" from Kokubunji Station. It costs 1140 yen and consists of a) a round trip between Kokubunji Station and central Tokyo and b) unlimited use of JR trains in central Tokyo on one calendar day. But it does not cover non-JR transportation, such as subways.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/11/17 22:26
Just to add, Kokubunji City is in Tokyo. Tokyo technically isn't a city, Tokyo pretty much is a Prefecture of Japan (all in but name), so there are many cities and wards within "Tokyo".

Most of the Tokyo Passes only cover Central Tokyo, Kokubunji is in Western Tokyo, so as mentioned if you want a JR day pass you'll have to purchase the Tokunai Pass of 1140yen, (as the regular 730 Tokunai Pass will only cover up to NishiOgikubo station).

by John rate this post as useful

Thank you so much! 2008/11/17 23:57
I guess I better get the 1140 Yen pass and a Suica card to cover other Tokyo travel needs. It will be my first time in Tokyo, buying individual tickets is too complicated for me to figure out :)
by xu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread