Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji kentei 2008/11/22 05:15
“ú–{Š¿Žš”—ÍŒŸ’莎Œ± does anybody know the deadline and locations of where it will be held?
thanks in advance
by StudyBee  

Hope this helps 2008/11/22 15:03
I'm not sure where you're wanting to take, but if you're in North America, I'm pretty sure you're too late. I was wanting to take the second level exam in Chicago in December, and I believe the deadline was like September 26th or so. Sorry. But, I hope the link is useful. Good luck!!

http://www.jflalc.org/index.php?act=tpt&id=24
by stlcar5 rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/22 17:34
For Kanji Kentei, the third test for fiscal year 2008 will be held on Feb. 1st, 2009, and the application must reach the Kanji Kentei association by Dec. 24 if you are mailing it in, and some bookstores you can apply until Dec. 19.

Location - there are many "cities" across Japan listed, but you will be informed of the exact location when they send you the examinee's paper one week or so in advance of the exam.

Outside Japan (you need to inquire separately), there are four locations in North America, four more in Asia, two each in Europe and Oceania, and one in Middle East. WHere are you?

http://www.kanken.or.jp/
by AK rate this post as useful

different test 2008/11/22 21:31
Note stlcar5's info was for the JLPT, not the kanji kentei. They are separate tests.
by Sira rate this post as useful

sorry. 2008/11/23 04:55
I wasn't aware there was another test. Well, sorry for the confusion.

Sira, is there any reason to take the Kanji Kentei? Isn't the other test you have to take if you're wanting to work in Japan?
by stlcar5 rate this post as useful

kanken vs JLPT 2008/11/23 08:56
The kanji kentei is a test that Japanese people take to test their kanji knowledge, and also tests written kanji, unlike the JLPT. Since it is for Japanese people, the level of kanji obviously goes way beyond JLPT1, so foreigners wanting to test their kanji at a higher level or focus on writing also take the test.

Many people take tests for the sake of learning and to challenge themselves, not only for practical reasons like finding jobs etc.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/11/23 11:28
stlcar5, AK, and Sira thank you for the information. I was looking for the test locations and the closest one for me happens to be in Canada. I'm in washington state currently studying but will soon transfer to Kobe University so I guess I will hold on and wait until I'm in Japan to take this test.
Once again thank you everybody for your generous and speedy help.
by StudyBee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread