Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel in Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Kyoto 2008/11/26 01:08
I am going to book a hotel in Kanazawa and Shirakawago and Kyoto for my december 2008 trip. Please help me by giving comments on the hotels or recommending better stay in a RYOKEN if possible. My budget for 2 person for a room is between 5000(w/o meal) to 15000(w dinner) yen each.

Kanazawa
Can someone help to choose between GARDEN HOTEL KANAZAWA, KANAZAWA CENTRAL HOTEL and CASTLE INN KANAZAWA or Ryoken.

Shirakawa
Koemon, Sonemon or Hisamatsu Grassho stay?

Kyoto
KYOTO DAI-ICHI HOTEL, KYOTO GARDEN HOTEL or Ryoken

Is it recommended to book the hotel through Rakuten travel, Japanican or book directly through the hotel website??
Is it recommended to book hotel stay with dinner included or will it be cheaper if I order the same dinner meal separately?
by xemega  

Kyoto Accommodation 2008/11/26 16:26
I stayed at Ryokan Shimizu in Kyoto which was great. It's not a tratitional ryokan, it is a newer building but it has futon beds to sleep on. The rooms have tv, heater, fridge and private bathrooms. There is also computers with internet in the lobby. It is about 5-10 min walk from Kyoto station.
The staff there are really friendly and helpful. They also offer a Japanese breakfast for about 1000 yen. They have a website, not sure what it is but I'm sure you could search and find it. I booked using the email address on the site.

Can't help with the other places though.
by Erin rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/11/28 12:48
Erin - Thank you for sharing the information on Kyoto Ryoken
by xemega rate this post as useful

reply to this thread