Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visit to Jigokudani monkey park 2008/11/26 16:39
I would like to do a day trip to visit the park on 26 Dec, is it too cold? My plan is to take JR east train from Tokyo to Nagano and from Nagano take the Nagaden bus to Kabanyoshi before walking to the park. Can anyone tell me how far is the Nagaden bus stop from the train station?
by Hong  

... 2008/11/26 19:24
I would like to do a day trip to visit the park on 26 Dec, is it too cold?

It is not too cold if you bring appropriate clothes.

Can anyone tell me how far is the Nagaden bus stop from the train station?

Just outside the station. I think that it should not take more than five minutes to get there unless you get lost.
by Uji rate this post as useful

visit to Jigokudani monkey park 2008/11/26 19:45
Uji, Thank you for the info. Do you also have any idea which is better, taking the train or the bus to the park?
by Hong rate this post as useful

Easy 2008/11/26 19:59
There is a large bus area right outside the station. I would suggest that 5' is all it will take you from the train to the bus. I'm pretty sure that the buses are on the right side of the station...that is facing forward as you arrive. This map shows the station with trains arriving from Tokyo coming in at the lower left http://www.mapion.co.jp/c/f?uc=1&grp=MapionBB&nl=36/38/24.56...

The bus will drop you at a petrol station which is a little way past the road you need to walk up. The next map shows the petrol station as a blue G. I have put the red + sign on the path that you need to follow. It is signposted. You can slide the map to the left to see the three black dots which is where you will find the monkeys.
On the return you may catch a local bus to Yudanaka station and go by train to Nagano if you choose.
My visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTLSXVt9zpY
by RodW rate this post as useful

whoops 2008/11/26 20:05
by RodW rate this post as useful

Monkey park 2008/11/26 23:20
Thanks RodW.
by Hong rate this post as useful

reply to this thread