Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About a Job 2008/11/28 03:17
I was wondering if this job is well paying. I don't know the "name" of the job though, so please bear with me.

The job is a tour guide in English for museums, national places, etc. in Japan. I know its a tour guide, but is there a special name for tour guides if in another language? And more importantly, is it a nice paying job to live in Japan? Thanks much!
by Kira  

.... 2008/11/28 11:34
It would help if you told us how much the pay is if you want to know if it is a good paying job.
by Beto N rate this post as useful

tsuyaku-guide? 2008/11/28 12:07
Perhaps you are talking about tsuyaku-annaishi, the so-called "tsuyaku gaido." To become a qualified tsuyaku-annaishi, you need to pass a state examination. Refer to the following for more details.
http://www.jnto.go.jp/jpn/interpreter_guide_exams/index.html

But of course, it is possible to act as a tour guide who speaks foreign languages, without proper qualification and less payment.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Not a good idea Uco ! 2008/11/28 14:48
it is possible to act as a tour guide who speaks foreign languages, without proper qualification and less payment
This is completely illegal, if he (or she) get caught working as a tour guide without a licence of tour guide (he or she) will be in big trouble.
by Banana rate this post as useful

reply 2008/11/28 23:35
I don't know what the pay is if I don't know what the job is.

I can just "imagine" it in my mind... sorry about not being clear at all.

I'll get proper qualification.
by Kira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread