Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo hotels! Which one? 2008/11/28 22:47
Hi !

I will spend about 5 days in Tokyo next year with wife and 1 yo baby.

All these hotels have very little to choose between them, based on 'net reviews:

Peninsula (chiyoda)
Grand Hyatt (minato)
Conrad (minato)
Mandarin O (Chuo)
or Park Hyatt if it's really worth it

As we will be with baby, location is important: we don't want to be on the subway too much, so right in the middle of things would be good

Any recommendations very welcome!!!!

by Bob  

... 2008/11/29 08:16
These are all close-to-perfect 5-star hotels. I had the pleasure to stay at all of them except the Grand Hyatt so far, and they were all superb to a degree, where I think that only small personal preferences make a difference.

I personally liked the Ritz-Carlton best, followed by Mandarin, Conrad, Peninsula and Park Hyatt.

Location wise, they are all quite good, close to subway or train stations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2008/11/29 16:39
Wherever you stay you will not really be in "the middle of things" as Tokyo is a big city and going to the main touristy places like Asakusa, Ueno, Ginza, Harajuku,Shibuya, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Roppongi, to name only a few well know places, you have no choice but to use either subways or the JR Yamanote loop line or both.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

ok 2008/11/29 17:29
Thanks very much. The Peninsula is the one of choice at the moment, and seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong) vry near Ginza - so at least it's right near one area. I just didn't want a hotel which has an immediate dull neighbourhood - further research says that the MO might do. They are all the same cost also (luckily I am saving!)

Thanks!
by Bob rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/30 07:39
seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong) vry near Ginza - so at least it's right near one area.

The Peninsula is very conveniently located, within close walking distance to Ginza, the Imperial Palace and Yurakucho/Hibiya Station. There is even an entrance to Hibiya Subway Station inside the basement of the hotel. You can also walk to Marunouchi and Tokyo Station in about 10-15 minutes.

None of the listed hotels are in a dull neighborhood.
by Uji rate this post as useful

ok 2008/11/30 17:31
Thanks a lot - will go with whichever has any form of 'good offer'! :)

Thanks!
by Bob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread