Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

gift ideas for boyfriend going to Japan 2008/11/30 22:21
My boyfriend of three years is half japanese and always dreamt of going to live in Japan for a while. He has just had an interview for a job and been told he has to go out there for a year from January.
Obviously it is Christmas soon and I dont know what to get him. There is no point me buying him things that he cant take with him and he has to travel light and so I am asking for any ideas of things that would be useful/essential for him while he is out there, in terms of travelling, working, and living with limited space. He is 24! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :o) thank you
by Anna-Marie  

Shoes 2008/12/1 08:50
You do an awful lot of walking in Japan, especially if your boyfriend is going to be living in any of the large cities. I recommend you get him a nice pair of shoes that he can walk in. I don't mean gym shoes but leather shoes he can wear in either business or casual settings. Japanese tend to dress a lot nicer than Americans when they go out and he will probably want to fit in. If you want something more romantic, a nice watch with dual time zone capability might be a nice gift too. I'm in my forties now but I too and half Japanese and went to work in Japan after I graduated from college for a couple of years. Good luck.
by Enrique2 rate this post as useful

gift 2008/12/1 16:17
A gift could be a small box with CDs of the music you both like, photos of the 2 of you and detailed info that you found on the internet on the town he will live in. Add a note telling him that you will go and see him for 2 weeks or so in September. By then he will be accustomed to living in Japan and will really miss you.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

gift idea 2008/12/2 13:34
It's going to be really cold in January...hows about a nice down jacket? He'll definitely get use out of that.
by kelii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread