Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserve seat for JR pass 2008/12/2 10:10
Please advise if it is necessary to reserve seat as I will be going from Tokyo to Sendai on the 19/12/08. What happens if I do not reserve the seat, does that mean I will have to stand for 4 hrs if there is no seat available? Please advise . Tks.
by Lynn  

... 2008/12/2 11:24
Seat reservations are mandatory on hayate/komachi trains, which do the journey in about 100 minutes.

Seat reservations are not necessary on yamabiko trains, which do the journey in about 120 minutes.

Friday evenings can be busy, but during the day and in the mornings it should be less busy.

What happens if I do not reserve the seat, does that mean I will have to stand for 4 hrs if there is no seat available?

First of all, the trip from Tokyo to Sendai takes between 90 and 120 minutes. If you cannot get a seat reservation, you can try to get a seat in an unreserved car of a yamabiko train (or stand) or you can buy a standing ticket for the hayate/komachi and stand.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread