Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 hrs at Sapporo airport 2008/12/5 06:26
Hi
I'm arriving at the Sapporo New Chitose airport on a domestic flight in the morning, and leaving on another domestic flight 3 hours later. What can I do in terms of sightseeing in three hours. I would prefer not to go all the way to Sapporo city, but stay near the airport. I've traveled a lot in Japan, but this will be my first time to Hokkaido. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks!
by JapanTraveler  

... 2008/12/5 08:47
The ride into Sapporo takes one hour one way. Therefore, a visit to Sapporo is not possible.

There is not much to see in the area around the airport. The only spot that comes to my mind is the Rera Outlet Mall, a short, free shuttle bus ride away from the airport:
http://www.outlet-rera.com/access/new_chitose.php
by Uji rate this post as useful

plane gazing 2008/12/5 08:56
It's a great spot for plane watchers....lots of glass and you could amuse yourself for some time at the many retail outlets in the terminal. Personally I would be a tad nervous about leaving the airport with just three hours between flights.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread