Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hokkaido & kyushu 2008/12/5 13:39
We are going for skiing in Furano and then will be flying to Kyushu next March 2009 and would appreciate it if we can get your advice on the following enquiries:

1) What is the temperature like in 1st week of March in Nagasaki and kumamoto (i know it varies each year, just the average will do)

2) In your opinion if I fly into Fukuoka from Sapporo, which city should i go first if i am interested to stay a few days (will be purchasing JR Kyushu Rail Pass:

-Kumamoto &
- Aso FarmLand
-Kagoshima
-Nagasaki
-Huis Ten Bosch?

3) Is it a good idea to visit Aso Village Farm/ FarmLand in the first week of March?

Thank you for your time
by Thammy  

... 2008/12/5 13:55
What is the temperature like in 1st week of March in Nagasaki and kumamoto

Average daytime high: 13 degrees
Average nighttime low: 4 degrees

In your opinion if I fly into Fukuoka from Sapporo, which city should i go first if i am interested to stay a few days (will be purchasing JR Kyushu Rail Pass:

Depends on where you go next. For example, if after Kyushu you continue in direction of Osaka or Kyoto, I would rather recommend to fly from Sapporo into Kagoshima and then travel northernwards to Fukuoka:

Kagoshima - Kumamoto (with Aso side trip) - Nagasaki - Husi ten Bosh - Fukuoka

Fukuoka - Huis Ten Bosch - Kumamoto - Aso
by Uji rate this post as useful

kyushu 2008/12/5 14:10
Thank you.
Is Kagoshima quite similar to Nagasaki and Kumamoto?
if no, maybe will skip it.

by thammy rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/5 17:53
Is Kagoshima quite similar to Nagasaki and Kumamoto?
if no, maybe will skip it.

It's relative. I think they are all three completely different cities. Especially Nagasaki is very unique. Others might say that Kumamoto and Kagoshima are quite similar.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kagoshima 2008/12/5 18:33
Strikes me as the most modernised of the cities. I really enjoyed my stay there. Took a bus tour of a few sights and over to Sakurajima. Be sure to take a ride on the Ferris wheel...great views. Kagoshima to Kumamoto ( Shin Yatsushiro ) by shinkansen will be the most boring train trip you ever do as it is almost entirely in tunnel. Kumamoto Jo is very much worth a visit.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread