Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen customs 2008/12/6 09:13
I (hopefully) will be moving to Japan in 09 and would love to visit onsen where ever i may be located. However I have one large tattoo on my back, and 1 on my arm and do not want to offend for make anyone uncomfortable. My question is does anyone know of the more secluded, undeveloped onsen that I could visit. In a small town, in the mountains, I'd love to hear about all of them that are not part of a ryokan, or onsen resort. Thanks for any help you guys and girls can give!
by Matt  

... 2008/12/6 10:05
You could also consider using private baths, which are much easier to find, use and access than undeveloped ones.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Shikine-jima 2008/12/6 10:21
There are undeveloped, beach-side springs on an island called Shikine-jima in the Izu 7 island chain.

I have read about some in Hokkaido too but don't know exactly where they are.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/12/8 07:02
Thank you both for the advice. I love doing outdoor activities such as hiking etc. so I fully plan to travel as much as possible while there and take in a lot of the natural beauty available, hence my interest in some of the more secluded options anyone has visited or knows about. Thanks again and anyone else i would love to hear from
by Matt rate this post as useful

onsens 2008/12/8 07:14
Try browsing around this site:
http://www.secret-japan.com/onsen/
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread