Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

zhi means blood? 2008/12/7 01:52
does zhi means blood? o.o
by hello  

i think its 2008/12/7 08:36
i think its ''chi''
by bunny rate this post as useful

Chi not zhi 2008/12/7 09:02
There is no such sound as "zhi" in Japanese. Blood is 血, pronounced "chi".
by Sira rate this post as useful

hemorrhoids? 2008/12/7 13:03
Hemorrhoids is "ji"(痔) (hiragana じ).
Pronunciation of じ and ぢ are the same. And ぢ was used to mean Hemorrhoids before.
by TOTO rate this post as useful

hemorrhoids? 2008/12/8 08:26
TOTO, how is your answer related to the question? Lots of characters in Japanese are pronounced "ji", which I guess is similar to "zhi", but blood and hemorrhoids have quite different meanings!

natural reaction 2008/12/8 10:15
Sira
I am not joking. It is quite natural for me to associate "hxxxx" with the sound of ji and the word of blood. Try to ask your Japanese friends.
Never ask yound ladies.
by TOTO(Japanese) rate this post as useful

植物せんい 2008/12/8 22:55
Okay, I'll take your word for it, but sounds like you all should be eating more fiber...

Chinese, maybe? 2008/12/8 23:47
Well, since the OP mentioned "blood" the next physical or medical term one would think of is "hemorrhoids" and we shouldn't even be ashamed of it since it's a serious issue we all must keep in mind.

But back to the topic, isn't "zhi" a Chinese spelling? I wouldn't be surprized if "blood" were written "zhi" in Chinese, but not many people on this forum have knowledge on the Chinese language. I hope someone could help you.
by Uco, Japanese, not so young, woman rate this post as useful

Pinyin 2008/12/9 12:56
"Zhi" is a spelling I associate with Chinese Pinyin.

no 2009/1/10 04:04
But back to the topic, isn't ''zhi'' a Chinese spelling? I wouldn't be surprized if ''blood'' were written ''zhi'' in Chinese,

No. The pronunciation for the Chinese character is xie (3rd tone). Or xue (4th tone). Which one to use would depend on the situation.
by Zyzzyva (Chinese) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread