Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Surutto Kansai Card same as Kansai Thru? 2008/12/9 08:06
I'll be travelling all around Kyoto/Osaka/Nara for about 2 weeks and was thinking of getting the Surutto Kansai Card to make things easier. But I am confused...is the Surutto Kansai Card the same thing as the Kansai Thru Pass? And should I get one? Thanks!
by Ashlee  

. 2008/12/9 09:49
--Is the Surutto Kansai Card the same thing as the Kansai Thru Pass?--

Yes.

--And should I get one?--

It entirely depends on where you intend to go.
You might calculate the ballpark figure first.
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/

All I can say is the pass doesn't pay for itself with short travels.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/9 10:53
is the Surutto Kansai Card the same thing as the Kansai Thru Pass?

No, the Surutto Kansai Card is a prepaid card (which you use to pay for single fares instead of cash), while the Kansai Thru Pass is a pass which provides unlimited use of transportation during a specified period.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/9 11:30
Geez, I've made an error.

The Kansai Thru Pass is designed only for foreign tourists, and it gives them unlimited travel on the designated modes of public transport in Kansai Area in the specified period.

The Surutto Kansai Card is a stored value prepaid card anyone can purcahse regardless of nationalities, and valid on the designated modes of public transport in Kansai Area. The fare will automatically deducted when you clear the turnstile at the destined station.

This info is verified by the operator.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread