Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to travel from Osaka to Kawaguchiko? 2008/12/15 01:23
I need help on the various ways to travel from Osaka to Kawaguchiko.

I know of two options but I need help on some areas:
1) Overnight bus from Osaka Bus Terminal
- Is Osaka bus terminal at Osaka Station? Is it accessible by subway or JR?
- Where exactly does the bus alight in kawaguchiko?
- Where can i buy the bus ticket? Do I have to buy it beforehand or can buy at the bus terminal?

2) Shinkansen from Shinosaka station

Are there any other travel options apart from these two options?

I plan to travel from Osaka to Kawaguchiko (stay 1 night), and to Tokyo. On my way from kawaguchiko to Tokyo, I plan to drop by Gotemba Premium outlets. Is it on the way? If yes, how should I get there?

I thought of dropping by Hakone as well during the way to Tokyo. But due to time constraint, I'll most likely forgo this plan. Will I miss out a lot in Hakone?

Given my above itinerary, is it useful to get a JR pass? or is there a pass I should get?

Appreciate your advice and thank you very much in advance!
by Kit  

. 2008/12/15 11:04
My site in the link might answer some of your questions.
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/kawaguchiko-gotemba-...

"1) Overnight bus from Osaka Bus Terminal
- Is Osaka bus terminal at Osaka Station? Is it accessible by subway or JR?"

The bus depot is located in Namba, not Osaka Station, IIRC, though you can catch the bus from Osaka Station.

"- Where exactly does the bus alight in kawaguchiko?"

Kawaguchiko Station

"- Where can i buy the bus ticket? Do I have to buy it beforehand or can buy at the bus terminal?"

You may need to purchase the ticket beforehand. It's sold at Kintetsu Namba Station for no additional fee.
If you purchase it at a travel agency such as JTB, it may incur an administrative fee.

"I thought of dropping by Hakone as well during the way to Tokyo. But due to time constraint, I'll most likely forgo this plan. Will I miss out a lot in Hakone?"

You should be fine if you can see Mt Fuji from Lake Kawaguchi.

"Given my above itinerary, is it useful to get a JR pass? or is there a pass I should get?"

If that's a one-way trip from Osaka to Tokyo, you dont need to purchase a JR Pass at all.
It won't pay for itself at all in that case.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Thank you, optimistk! 2008/12/16 23:46
Really thanks to you, if not i'll going to the wrong station for the overnight bus! Your blog post is very useful.I'll go and explore more.

But,I've a little change in plan. My revised itinerary as follows. Hope you can give some pointers wherever you can:
Destination 1
Osaka (2 nights)

Destination 2
Travel to Kyoto in the evening and stay in a temple lodging for 1 night.
1) Do you have any recommendations on temple lodging? Preferably accessible and with private bath room.
2) I'm planning to leave Kyoto the following evening. But so far I've checked, most of the temple lodging chk-out time is in the am. Any idea if the temple help to safekeep our luggages while we go sight-seeing?
2) What's the best and budget way to travel from Osaka to Kyoto?

Destination 3
Travel to Tokyo from Kyoto
1) Besides shinkansen, any cheaper way to travel?

Destination 4
Travel to Kawaguchiko from Tokyo and stay in a ryokan near lake kawa for 1 night.
1) have been doing all the research i can to chk out ryokans at lake kawa area. Noticed the bookings are all with breakfast & dinner. Do you know of any websites that can book ryokan without meals? Is there any ryokan with private open-air bath at not more than 10,000 yen per pax?
2) Juz found out abt Fujiten Snow Resort? Have u heard abt this snow skiing resort? It's about 20min travel from kawa station by taxi. Any idea if the resort is accessible by bus? i'm afraid taxi may cost a lot.

Destination 4
Travel back to Tokyo from Kawa, in between drop by Gotemba Premium Outlets.
1) From ur blog, i know i can take bus between shinjuku and kawa for 1+hr.Nw that i'm going Gotemba premium outlets, is there a bus from gotemba to shinjuku?

I'm sorry to bug you with so many questions, but i really appreciate if you can give some pointers wherever you can! A big thank you!
by Kit rate this post as useful

Appreciate your help pls.... 2008/12/23 13:50
Anyone can give some pointers to my itinerary above?

Thanks very much in advance!
by Kit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread