Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

takkyubin and storage while traveling 2008/12/19 06:13
Hi,

need some help with luggage issues.

Will be skiing for a couple of weeks and then traveling afterward for 2 weeks.

I do not want to carry all the ski gear with me for the 2 weeks of travel.

Can I takkyubin it from Sapporo to Narita Airport and not pick it up for 2 whole weeks?

Anybody done this?
by Oggie  

. 2008/12/19 12:47
Couldn't you ask your hotel if they could keep your luggage until the deadline of the delivery date to NRT, then send it to NRT on your behalf?
by optimistk rate this post as useful

takkyubin 2008/12/21 19:09
hi jt, we just came back from a 2 weeks holiday, travelling from Osaka - Hakone - Mt Naeba - Tokyo. For all our long distance travels, we used Black Cat takkyubin services for our 2 huge luggage. Apparently this is very popular and most hotels or ryokans would will have the details available. Price is very reasonable too, less than 2000yen per luggage. Most importantly it is so convenient as we found out it is NOT that easy to carry luggage transfering from one train to another ! Good luck !
by Riza rate this post as useful

Oooops, wrong name 2008/12/21 19:11
Sorry Oggie, I typed the wrong name.
by Riza rate this post as useful

kuroneko 2008/12/22 02:10
kuroneko takkyubin
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/english/index.html

as mentioned basically every hotel in japan knows about these guys and is ready to take pickups and drop offs from kuroneko. as mentioned it's also very cheap. i have used them for shipping ski stuff around japan and they have done a good job. they can hold your luggage for certain periods of time as well so that if you haven't arrived yet, the luggage won't arrive before you get there.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread