Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise needed for itinerary in Japan 2008/12/20 02:35
Hi all, I would like to seek your opinion regarding my itinerary;

We are a grp of 4, travelling on open jaw ticket to OSAKA and departing from TOKYO.

7/1/09 OSAKA
8/1/09 KYOTO - day tour
9/1/09 OSAKA
10/1/09 NARA - day tour - (night bus to TOKYO)

11/1/09 TOKYO - Staying in Khaosan Tokyo Original
12/1/09 TOKYO
13/1/09 TOKYO (maybe day tour to NIKKO)
14/1/09 TOKYO
15/1/09 Departure to Sg

Do provide feedback on them, would appreciate it as we have only confirmed the accomodations for now.
The transportation between the places is still under planning as I do have some qns.
1. Is it worth it to get Kansai pass for our trip between Osaka and Nara?
2. For the night bus service, is it safe to book only when we are in NARA? as the webpages are in Japanese, and none of us read Japanese :S
3. To get around Tokyo, is it better for us to get Suica card or Tokyo day pass (Y 1580)for each day we are there?

Thanks in advance for the help. Really appreciate it :)

-JT-
by JT  

... 2008/12/20 18:27
No itfs not worth getting then JR West Kansai pass for Nara as it is cheaper for you to buy individual tickets.

I recommend the Suica pass instead of the day pass as I donft see how you would use 1580yen in Tokyo in a single day unless you are doing A LOT of travel.

For Kyoto I recommend the 1 day bus for 500yen, which can be purchased from the bus information centre outside Kyoto station. This covers bus transport on the buses in the city of Kyoto, which are used to reach the main tourist sites.

Nikko is a great day trip but be aware that it is really cold there at this time of year so make sure you pack warm enough clothes for it to be enjoyable.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/12/23 16:26
Thanks AusEz for the reply.
How about the night bus from NARA to Tokyo? is there any other websites that I can prebook the seats online? or will it be ok to go there and get the tickets?
by JT rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/23 16:40
Here is a website that allows online reservations in English for buses from nearby Kyoto to Tokyo:
http://www.123bus.net/
by Uji rate this post as useful

stay in 1 place 2008/12/23 16:48
You dont need and it is better not to change your hotel when staying in Kansai and traveling to Osaka/Kyoto/Nara. They are within 1 hour by train and many students and working people commute from one to other everyday.

You can leave your huge suitcase or backpack at your hotel and just bring small handbag with you.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Nikko 2008/12/23 17:41
Definitely go to Nikko!!
by Mel rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/30 16:35
Uji: Do you mean that it's a better option to go and book from this website (123 bus) than to risk going there and booking from Narakotsu bus? Cos I was wondering that if I were to book from 123 bus, we'll have to go back to Kyoto / Osaka to board the bus right?
by JT rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2008/12/31 01:52
What Places are u planning 2 see in tokyo?
I would recommend - Going to Odaiba at 7pm or so by yurikamome line...its a must watch...then
shinjuku nightlife....be careful with getting massaged...its very expensive and ppl will con u...
u should see harajuku and shinjuku for fashion amongst youngsters...
imperial palace can be seen..asakusa has an ancient temple... u should check out Ginza...one of the most costliest commercial properties in the world....

by Rudresh Agaskar rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/31 06:20
As you pointed out: it would be more comfortable to board the bus at Nara.

But, on the other hand, it would be more convenient to make reservations online in English than to try to make reservations for the Nara Kotsu bus.

It's up to you.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread