Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medication allowed into Japan 2008/12/20 12:49
Hi,

I'm going to Japan on the 23rd and I'm trying to find out specifically if my allergy medication, Astelin (an Antihistamine) and my asthma inhaler ProAir HFA (albuterol sulfate) is okay to take into the country. The last thing I want is to get to Korea (I have a layover there) or Japan and be turned around because I illegally brought a substance that I wasn't supposed to. I'm kind of outta time and I just found this out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
by Rebecca  

... 2008/12/20 18:36
Have a look at this link:
http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-medimport.html
I know you aren't allowed to bring in codeine or pseudoephedrine, so check your antihistamine medication does not have these (particularily pseudo) added. Other than that I'm not sure. Perhaps call the Japanese embassy in your country to clarify.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

Bringing in meds 2008/12/20 23:39
I brought in a standard ventolin puffer from Australia without issue.

Check with the embassy, but as long as you have medicines in their original packaging there shouldn't be an issue.
by Shooter25 rate this post as useful

agree 2008/12/21 07:19
I also had no trouble with Ventolin, and Seretide (preventer), and had Claratyne as well with me (non-prescription) antihistamine: I always make a list of medication we are taking with us, and my doctor puts it on his letterhead and signs that it is required..never had any problems.
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread