Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling from Tokyo to Kyoto 2008/12/22 02:00
Hi everyone...I've been a lurker here for quite a while now and will be travelikng to Japan for the first time this 23 December 08. Anyway, I would like some suggestions on how to get from Tokyo to Kyoto by train...the thing is I havent bought the JR pass yet since I will be only visiting one city outside of Tokyo so I thought it's not that necessary....is there any other way that I can travel to Kyoto without the JR pass?

Thanks all...
by Nual  

Return? 2008/12/22 09:58
Will you be returning to Tokyo?
by Smilin' Bob rate this post as useful

What Bob said 2008/12/22 10:09
If you are returning to Tokyo within a 7 day period it would probably pay to get a 7 day pass. The return fare is just under the price of the pass but you would be in front if you used it for a few short commmutes. EG a hop down to Shinosaka and back.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Alternatively.... 2008/12/22 10:38
If you're not returning to Tokyo within 7 days, then just head down to any JR ticket window, or a shinkansen ticket machine at Tokyo or Shinagawa, and buy a one-way ticket there. It'll set you back between 12,710-13,500 yen, depending on whether you make seat reservations and what class of train you choose.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
by Nicholas rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/12/22 18:34
Thanks alot you guys...Anyhow, I'll be returning to Tokyo so I guess a JR pass is more economical...

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you all
by Nual rate this post as useful

reply to this thread