Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A question regarding Japanese size 2008/12/27 16:37
Hi. I am Korean who live in Canada.

I post this question regarding a Japanese bra size.

My underbust size is 71~72 cm and my bust size is 87~89 cm. I wear a 32D bra in Canada. I found the size chart in a Canadian store that I bought a 32D bra. For a 32D bra, the underbust size is 26~28 inches and the bust size is 34 3/4 ~ 35 1/2 inches. (Technically, 32C should fit. But ironically 32C is too small for me.)

But 32 size is a little bit loose to me. (Isn't it so weird?) So I want to try 30 size. (I think 30DD might fit.) The problem is that 32 size is the smallest size in Canadian stores. That means it is hard for me to find 30 size bra in Canada. (I'm so worried because my underbust is getting smaller but my bust is getting bigger.)

I think that 32D can be converted to 70D. (Is it right?)

I can buy a 70D bra in Korea but it is expensive and there are limited numbers of design. So it is hard for me to find a suitable item considering price, comfort, and design.

So I plan to buy a Japanese bra if I go to Tokyo for a vacation.

But I'm not quite sure that 70D bra is a right size. Some people said American size and Japnese size are similar. But other people said Japanese size is smaller than American size.

For the design, I don't like sexy styles and showy patterns. I think pure or cute style is okay. And I'm looking for an inexpensive one. But I'm not quite sure how much a Japanese bra usually costs.

So can you recommend me the brands that I can search for? (Considering price, design, and comfort)

I really hope that Canadian stores will sell smaller band sized bras and larger cup size bras. So that I don't have to go abroad to buy clothes. (Well, I always buy Korean clothes by online because Canadian clothes are big for me. But I don't do online shopping in Canada because I feel nervous. I've never done it.)

I really want to visit Tokyo and to go shopping. (Korean clothing size is smaller than Canadian clothing size though. But I heard that Japanese clothing size is really small - even smaller than Korean clothing size. That means I might not find my size in Japan.) I really hope that I can find my size when I go to Tokyo.

Thank you so much for consideration!
by Prayer  

... 2008/12/27 18:20
70D sounds about right.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+48520

Well, I think the US size and Japan size are similar, but the cup "depth" is slightly more generous with US bra in general (as far as I've experienced) - meaning, people who wear Japan size 70D *could* possibly wear 30C US bra comfortably depending on the maker. Of course, different makers produce slightly different style and fit.

I don't know how much you could consider inexpensive, but you could walk into some locations of supermarket chains like Ito Yokado, Seiyu, etc., who sell not only grocery but daily clothing as well, and take a look at their Triumph and Wacoal product ranges; they tend to be quite down-to-earth and reasonably priced.

I've been to Korea, and I could shop alright in terms of size there, so it should be ok :)
by AK (Japanese woman) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread