Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to take a Shinkansen? 2008/12/28 02:00
I am going to Japan in the end of February 09, by the time I am going, I would be going to Kansai, which would be Kyoto, Osaka and etc. 5 days after that I would need to go to Tokyo to meet my friends and stay for 2 nights. I have no idea, how to buy a shinkansen ticket or how to know the shinkansen schedule?? Please help me out.
Thank you.
by Tanitta  

... 2008/12/28 02:20
by Uji rate this post as useful

How to take a Shinkansen? 2008/12/28 02:42
Hi I advise u to by JR railcard. It's really worth! But you have to by in your country from any Japanese tourist organization or try Japanese airline before you travel to Japan. Good luck and for sure you will enjoy Japan and travelling by Shinkansen.
by Helder rate this post as useful

Only if 2008/12/28 10:54
"Hi I advise u to by JR railcard"
Is good advice if you plan to return to the Kansai region within 7 days. If not, it is absolutely not worth it.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Hello All, 2008/12/28 12:10
Thank you for advising!!
However, I am not going back to Kansai obviously. So, As "RodW" said the JR railcard might not worth enough, Should I take an airplane instead?? is there price is lower or higher?
Please help me out!
Thanks a lot
by Tanitta rate this post as useful

train 2008/12/28 17:20
You might get a cheaper flight from Osaka to Haneda but when you factor in getting to and from the airports you won't save an awful lot. You certainly won't save any time.
Shinosaka to Tokyo will cost you Y14250 and take around 2.6 hours on a Nozomi. Sit on the left, you may get lucky and see Mt Fuji.
by RodW rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/28 17:52
Your options for travel between Tokyo and Osaka:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Reserved Seating 2008/12/28 22:47
Recommend to make a reservation for the Shinkansen seats early at any JR ticketing office prior to your actual day of travel during peak period in Japan, although you can travel in the unreserved cabin. Seating on the Shinkansen trains are group as 3 seats Aisle 2 seats. For my recent trip from Tokyo to Kyoto, I made the reservation abit late and my family was split 2 & 1 as the day that I travel was a high season day.
by Rk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread