Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel from hakone to osaka. 2008/12/28 16:54
I will be travelling from tokyo shinjinku to Hakone. That i am aware to take the romance car then change to hakone trains.

But what i am so worried about is the travel to osaka.

1) what type of trains mode are there to osaka from hakone?

2) diff type of train mode : whats the duration & price of the transport?

3) Do i need to do advance booking for the trains ride to osaka?

So far i have been looking thru the webs and i am confuse about shinkansen?

Can anyone provide me with the travelling map from hakone to osaka?

Thanks a million for all your help. BTW i am leaving on the 31st this dec 2008. hope to seek urgent help here
by pearl26  

... 2008/12/28 18:01
i am aware to take the romance car then change to hakone trains.

The "Romance Car" is one of several ways to get from Tokyo to Hakone. It gets you directly to Hakone-Yumoto Station inside Hakone. Depending on your final destination within Hakone, you will have to take a bus train or walk from hakone-Yumoto Station.

what type of trains mode are there to osaka from hakone?

It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=2157_5200

Do i need to do advance booking for the trains ride to osaka?

No, all the trains on the specific route have unreserved seating. Therefore, advance booking is not mandatory.
by Uji rate this post as useful

To Uji 2008/12/28 18:21
Is there any cheaper route to osaka? Shinkansen would cost 13000YEN from Hakone (Odawara to Shin Osaka)
by pearl26 rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/28 22:25
Go back to Shinjuku using non-romance car, local/express trains, then use a cheap overnight bus service from Shinjuku to Osaka is one way.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread