Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying in Japan 2008/12/28 18:29
Hi all,

I stayed in Japan about 4 years ago on a working Holiday Visa, and after a long break, I'm Hoping to be able to return on a more permanent basis.

Unfortunately I no longer qualify for a working Holiday visa, and do not have a degree which prevents me applying for a lot of Jobs / Working visa.
So I'm hoping to return to study either this year or Next.

So I have a few questions if anybody can help.

1 - Are there any particular areas which are better to study Japanese in?

2 - Same as above but any particular well known or recommended schools?

3 - When is the best time to apply, I.E when do you ned to have applications in by for start of terms etc (if it work like that).

4 - whats the longest period you can have a study visa for in Japan?

I guess that about it off the top of my head but if you can think of any more practical info or useful websites the help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Dean
by Dean  

visa 2008/12/30 08:10
the longest period of a student visa is 1 year i believe. you have to renew it every year with the assistance of your school. not all schools offer visas. make sure your school offers visas (that's a bit misleading, schools just endorse your student visa they don't issue them. not all schools can endorse visas).

pretty much all universities can help you with a student visa. some language schools will as well. typical visa lengths are 6 and 12 months.

you can renew it as many times as you need to finish your degree which would generally be 4 years if you do your degree in japan.

as for which universities to attend, there are millions of threads on here already about that, do some more searching.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

deadlines 2008/12/30 08:11
about deadlines, try to apply at least 6 months before the registration deadline. the school year starts in spring here so i would have my applications submitted and confirmed as received in september at the latest.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Thanks, but a couple more Questions 2009/1/5 00:30
Thanks for the answers there Just got a couple more quick questions if you can help?

I have been looking at numerous different Language institutes and Colleges, On a couple it mentioned that If I had not studied in over 3 years or that I am over a certain age that it may not be possible to get a student Visa, is this true?

Heard a bit about EJU, Is it required? If so is it needed before Study?

Lots of Sites mention about moving of to University education after A year or 2 Study, would it be held against me if I did not intend to study after Taking advanced Japanese Language course?

Just a bit about me if you think it may alter the Answers to the questions.

I will be 29 at point of hopefully being able to travel to Japan for study.
Previously had a working holiday visa about 3 years ago.
Finished College education about 4 years ago.

Hopefully somebody can help out with a few more answers, Thanks
Dean
by Dean rate this post as useful

College student visa 2009/1/5 03:31
Actually the average length of a college student visa is two years and then you renew it every two years until you graduate.

You should only need to renew it once as most people usaully graduate within four years.
by Gaijinjland rate this post as useful

reply to this thread