Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

himeiji castle & kurashiki castle 2008/12/29 20:46
i have 3 night saccomodation in osaka. i'm thinking of travelling fr osaka to himeiji castle & kurashiki , then back to osaka in 1 day. is tt possible? Do i do tt by the sanyo shinkansen. is it possible to travel by the normal trian instead? Pls advise. thank you v much
by hannah  

... 2008/12/31 06:26
i'm thinking of travelling fr osaka to himeiji castle & kurashiki , then back to osaka in 1 day. is tt possible?

Yes, it is possible. If you like a fast travel pace, it sounds like an attractive day trip from Osaka to me.

Do i do tt by the sanyo shinkansen.

Yes, you better do!

is it possible to travel by the normal trian instead?

Yes, but you would spend most of your day on board of trains:

Osaka to Himeji:
by shinkansen: 45 minutes
by rapid train: 90 minutes

Himeji to Kurashiki:
by shinkansen: 60 minutes
by local trains: 120 minutes

Osaka to Himeji:
by shinkansen: 100 minutes
by local trains: 200 minutes
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/31 06:27
By the way, there is no castle in Kurashiki.
by Uji rate this post as useful

via Okayama 2008/12/31 15:21
Maybe you mean the Black castle in Okayama, which you can see when you break your trip at Okayama on the way to Kurashiki, as from what I read I think it may be easier to go by Shinkansen to Okayama, and change to a local train to Kurashiki: that way you get Himeji white castle, Okayama black castle, and Kurashiki as well. Most guide books seem to recommend going to the famous garden at Okayama, from where you can see the Castle, but not the castle itself, especially if you go to Himeji ..big day though. Have fun!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread