Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Gotemba Station 2009/1/1 23:52
How to get to Gotemba Station from Tokyo Station by train? (Can I use the JR East Pass?) What will be the fastest route?
by Kang San  

... 2009/1/2 09:41
There are lots of possible routes:

a) Shinkansen to Mishima, then local trains to Gotemba

b) Shinkansen to Odawara, then Odakyu to Matsuda, then JR Gotemba Line to Gotemba

c) JR Tokaido Line and JR Gotemba Line via Kozu

d) JR Chuo Line and Asagiri Limited Express via Shinjuku

None of the above routes is covered by the JR East Pass, because Gotemba is outside the service area of JR East. a) to c) are covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

Which route is the fastest depends on your departure time. You can looked up specific connections below:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/1/3 22:41
Thanks Uji, for your answers.

As we have bought the JR East Pass, so we were thinking of taking the train to Odawara, if it seem more convenient, as we plan to drive around the area.

I understand that Super View Odoriko is covered by JR East, but not sure if it goes to Odawara directly from Tokyo. Is there a need to change trains? Any surcharge?
by Kang San rate this post as useful

. 2009/1/3 23:32
The majority of Odoriko, Super View Odoriko and Resort Odoriko trains stop at Odawara Station, however I think some might skip (Double check the timetables when you for the time you are leaving).

With the JR East Pass there is no surcharge as everything should be covered in the pass.
by John rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/1/4 00:18
Thanks so much, John.
by kang san rate this post as useful

reply to this thread